What makes you smile? Laugh? Go giddy with glee? For some, it’s a walk barefoot through the grass. For another, it’s a spin on a roller coaster, a solo movie date, or a perfectly ripe mango.
So… when was the last time you did something that makes you happy?
If it’s been awhile, consider this: Happiness lowers stress levels, increases immune system function, and lowers your risk of disease. It also makes life easier.
The Magic Formula for Daily Pleasure
Doing one pleasurable thing per day (or more!) is the most powerful antidote for gray, boring, or stressful days. Try this:
- Make an “I love” list. List everything that you enjoy—nothing is too small or too large. If you enjoy it, get it on the list.
- Take a look at how you spend your days. When could you fit in a little pleasure? Perhaps you could leave the office at lunch to walk in the park? Maybe you could play your favorite music while doing the dishes? Book yourself a massage this weekend?
- Repeat daily—or more often, as needed.
To get you started down the road of pleasure, give this luscious recipe a try:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
1 cup organic whipping cream or carton of soft tofu or large ripe banana
- Process first 4 ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute, or until pureed.
- Pour puree into a medium bowl.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. If using tofu or banana whip in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Fold whipped cream or tofu or banana into mango puree, using a knife to swirl in a marbled effect.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you curious about how happy good health can make you feel? As a Health Coach I can help you make your own healthy changes. Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about!
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned about more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals. I have coached thousands of women the last 10 years on how to reconnect with their bodies, step deeper into their sexy and walk in confidence. I hope you will consider joining me on this magical journey.
Lisa AKA Benz